Saturday 24 November 2018

Spider-Man: Homecoming (4 Stars)


I'm intending to watch most of the Marvel films in order, but this is the first of a few films that have "jumped the queue". It was Black Friday yesterday, and I managed to buy some films at a very cheap price. There weren't even fights in the store I visited, HEM in Schwäbisch Hall-Hessental.

I'll be re-watching these films in the correct order, and when I get round to them I'll review them in more detail. I'll just point out a few small things now.

What happened to the special effects between 2002 and 2017? In the first Spider-Man film the movements are smooth when Spider-Man swings from building to building. In "Spider-Man Homecoming" the movements are fast and jerking, making the special effects look cheap in comparison. Where's Sam Raimi when you need him?


Peter Parker's classmate Liz Allan is the latest victim of Marvel's blackwashing quota. It's a shame. Why can't they leave the characters alone?


This is what she looks like in the comics. A cute little busty blonde.

Spider-Man's high tech suit annoys me. It's like he's an Iron Man clone, with a Karen to talk to instead of a Jarvis. I'm curious what his suit will be like in the next film.

Success Rate:  + 3.0

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.