Tuesday 16 November 2010

Barbarella (4½ Stars)


If Dino De Laurentiis has to be remembered for one film, let "Barbarella" be his legacy. As dated as it may seem today, especially the music, this is a beautiful film. I almost gave it 5 stars, but I had to deduct half a star for the gratuitous clothing. After the opening nude scene Barbarella's insistance on clothing later in the film seems illogical and unnecessary. Apart from the one fault, this is a classic film that will always be remembered.

2 comments:

  1. Aw c'mon - those costume changes made for a great drinking game for me when I was a young 'un.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you get my point though. The opening scene sets up that Barbarella doesn't care about clothes. After that we see her in a hurry to get dressed at every possible opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.