Wednesday 5 October 2011

Source Code [Guest Writer] (5 Stars)


Colter Stevens, a US Army helicopter pilot whose last memory is flying in Afghanistan, wakes up on a commuter train. However, he discovers that he has assumed the identity of another man. 8 minutes later, the train explodes and Stevens finds himself in some kind of pod. He then talks to someone named Goodwin, who tells him he has to go back and find out who the bomber is. He is sent back to go through the whole thing again and attempts to find who the bomber is but fails. The bomb goes off and Stevens finds himself in the pod again. He is sent back another time, yet still cannot find out anything. When he returns, he asks what is going on. Goodwin and Rutledge, the scientist in charge, tell him that he is part of a project that can put someone in another person's consciousness during the last 8 minutes of their life. Stevens then asks why he cannot just stop the bomb. He is told that he is not going back in time but placed in the moment so he can find out who the bomber is and if there are any other targets. On the side, Stevens finds himself falling for the woman travelling with him while he is still in the other man's consciousness.

Two words sum up my feelings about this movie pretty neatly: Absolutely. Loved. While this movie causes you to think and can twist around your brain as snuggly as a pretzel I can forgive the confusion that it caused me because every minute was unexpected for me and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I also liked the twist they put on the "time travel" aspect and it was really a unique premise that I can get behind that makes me feel as if I'm not watching some remake of a remake. The acting was pretty well done as well although Jake kind of falls between the "acting cracks" for me in terms of skill. He's not one of the greatest but neither is he terrible. He's kind of just...there but in this movie I think he redeemed himself just a little bit. Overall a very great movie that I would suggest to one and all. [grins]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the personal recommendation. I've read a few reviews of this film and couldn't decide whether I wanted to watch it or not. You've made my mind up for me. Thanks, Kay! It sounds like a similar idea to "Run, Lola, Run" but more scientific. Am I correct?

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.