Monday 25 July 2016

General: Special Characters


In this blog I have always had to use special characters that don't appear on my keyboard. In the past it was usually the fraction symbols for film ratings, but also German special characters. On rare occasions I've used French accents, but usually I avoid them. I've always used the Windows character map to find special characters whenever I needed them. Now that I've moved to Germany I'm using a keyboard that has the German characters, but it's annoying that the pound symbol is no longer on my keyboard. For this reason I've decided to make this post as a reference for myself, rather than for my readers, with a list of the characters I need.

Currency symbols

British Pound: £
US Dollar: $
Euro: €

Fractions

Quarter: ¼
Half: ½
Three Quarters: ¾

German special characters

Ä Ö Ü ä ö ü ß

French special characters

é à è ù â ê î ô û ë ï ç

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.