Saturday 19 November 2016

The Wall (2012) (5 Stars)


Today is the third time I've watched this film, but it's the first time it's made me cry. When it was over I wept and wept. That's the mark of a good film, that it can affect my emotions differently each time I watch it. This is an incredible film that I can't recommend highly enough. I admit that it's not a film for everyone. Many viewers might think it's too slow. It's not a popcorn munching film to get your blood boiling with fast paced action. It's a slow, intense film that ratchets up the the emotional pressure until you scream. Or laugh. Or cry.


So what's the film about? Is it the end of the world? Is it a tale of despair or victory? Does the story end or continue forever? It's possible that everyone who watches it will see something different. It's also possible for the same person to see something different every time he watches it.


I've written about this film before. Maybe I wrote too much. All I'll say for now is that it's a one person film, featuring Martina Gedeck in a solo performance from beginning to end. Watch it for yourself. Make up your own mind about what it means. Maybe a few pictures will give you a feeling of what awaits you in this magnificent film.


The scenery is stunningly beautiful.


But the scenery is only a background for questions about the meaning of life.


I think, therefore I am.


I kill, therefore I am.


I write, therefore I am.


I am not, therefore I am.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.