Sunday 3 January 2021

Killer's Creed (2 Stars)


At some time in the future experiments are carried out on DNA modification, intended to be used as a cure for all illnesses, but with potential as a weapon. A fire breaks out in the laboratory, unleashing diseases that wipe out most of humanity. One of the remaining cities is Olympia, surrounded by high man-made walls to keep anyone out who isn't genetically pure. There are DNA hackers who use stolen technology to kill by changing a person's DNA. Michelle is an assassin who's hired to assassinate the DNA hackers. She wants to save enough money to move to a better city. Her problem is her younger brother Jackie, who loses all their money gambling.

Jackie breaks into a neighbour's apartment, looking for money. He steals a strange device, not knowing what it is. It's a Transponder, a device that can carry out pure DNA modifications. It's the last one in existence after the fire, so people come looking for Jackie, and Michelle has to protect him.

I've often expressed my dislike for post-apocalyptic films, and this is one of the worst I've seen. The plot is hardly feasible, the flying steamships are improbable, the picture is murky, and the CGI effects are poor quality. I felt like turning the film off, but I somehow held out till the end. My two star rating is generous, but I like bad girls with guns. I can't recommend the film to anyone.

In America and Germany the film has been released as "The Gene Generation".

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.