Tuesday 5 September 2023

Planes: Fire and Rescue (3 Stars)



"Planes: Fire and Rescue", sometimes called "Planes 2", is a sequel to "Planes" and a spin-off of the Cars franchise. That means that the film has no humans, animated or otherwise, it's just full of talking vehicles: planes, cars and trains.

I haven't watched "Planes", but I can figure out what happened in the first film. Dusty Crophopper was a successful racing plane, but now his gearbox is damaged and he can no longer fly at full speed. We all get old, don't we? He doesn't want to disappear into retirement, so he looks for a way to prove he can be useful. He signs up to be trained as a firefighter, i.e. a firefighting plane. If I were no longer as fit as I used to be, that's the last career I'd choose!

Oliver selected this film today, and he greatly enjoyed it. Maybe I should let him watch the Cars films as well. Personally, I found the film annoying. I can't relate to talking airplanes. When I was a child I read the stories of Thomas the Tank Engine, but I'm out of that phase now.

Success Rate:  + 0.9

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.