Thursday 10 October 2024

Wine: Rolf Willy Schwarzriesling with Samtrot

This is a wine that I've been drinking for a few months, one or two bottles a month. It's one of my favourite wines. I didn't realise until today that I've never mentioned it. It has a rich taste, with the tang of Schwarzriesling balanced by the mildness of Samtrot. Whoever thought of combining these two grapes is a genius. Schwarzriesling alone is an acquired taste, something I can't drink on a regular basis, but the combination with Samtrot is overwhelming. As I've said before, I can't claim to be an expert in wine, but I know what I like.

Surprisingly, it's not an expensive wine. It only costs six Euros at my local supermarket. I've never understood the pricing of wines. Is the price based on the work needed to produce a wine, the popularity with customers, or the quality as judged by experts? I really need to ask someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.