Thursday, 17 September 2026

Amazing Grace [2018] (5 Stars)


I saw "Amazing Grace" in the cinema in 2019 and loved it, so I'm glad I finally have it on Blu-ray. I'm not particularly a fan of Aretha Franklin as a soul singer, but as a gospel singer she's phenomenal. Watching her perform in a church, backed by the Southern California Community Choir, is an extraordinary experience. The picture quality is poor, especially on the first evening, but I can forgive that. The footage was lost and unreleased for years, so it's better to have it like this than not at all.

There's something rather surreal about seeing Mick Jagger dancing at the back of the church. Perhaps the Spirit was moving him. Or perhaps Mr Sympathy For The Devil just couldn't help himself.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.