Monday 27 September 2010

Here on Earth (3½ Stars)

Look! I've finally started giving half stars. It's a help when I can't decide between two ratings.

This is a pleasant teen romance weepy. The plot is predictable, but it's just... pleasant. I wish I could think of a better word. My main problem with the film is that something seems to be missing. There's no logical explanation why Samantha falls in love with Kelley instead of Jasper.

Leelee Sobieski turns in an outstanding performance, she really needs to stop wasting her talent in minor films. (Or minor roles in big films, like "Public Enemies"). As I've said again and again, she's the best actress alive today, and after ten years as an "insider tip" it's time for her to receive the recognition she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.