Tuesday 14 September 2010

Pandorum (1 Star)

I'd heard good things about this film, but my overall impression was negative. I understand what the director was trying to do. He wanted to create an atmosphere of horror using claustrophobia and darkness. Unfortunately for me it was difficult to enjoy a film in which the screen was too dark for me to see it clearly for the first half hour. Apart from this, the characters mumbled at times, meaning that I needed the subtitles while watching the film. Not a pleasant experience.

One remark on the content: if it really happened that the human race were going to be saved by sending only 60,000 people in a space ship, wouldn't they make sure that all the travellers spoke the same language? It seemed strange that the ship had a Vietnamese gardener who couldn't speak a single word of English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.