Tuesday 26 September 2017

Fatal Attraction (5 Stars)


This is another film that I haven't watched for a long time and I don't know why not. It's sometimes called an erotic thriller, but that label doesn't fit. It's on the borderline between a psychological thriller and a horror film.

The plot can be described in a few words. A married man has a one-night stand while his family is away for the weekend, but the woman doesn't see it as casually as he does. She refuses to let go, first stalking him then terrorising his family.

It's an excellent film. Even though I already knew what would happen I was sitting on the edge of my seat, gasping as the events unfolded. For the first time today I realised that the woman in the film reminds me of someone in my life. That made the film even more personal for me.

Without meaning to diminish the responsibility of Alex Forrest, brilliantly portrayed by Glenn Close, let's look at the man in the story. Dan Gallagher is a happily married man. He loves his wife and his daughter. So why does he put it all at risk for a few minutes of pleasure? Two minutes, to be precise. Men should make an attempt to keep their sex drives under control. If they don't they'll wake up one day and find their rabbit has been cooked.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.