Friday 16 July 2021

Assimilate (4 Stars)



Today I discovered a category in Amazon Prime called "Only limited time on Prime". It contains films that will be removed from Amazon Prime Video within the next seven days. That's a useful category. It's not listed in Amazon Prime on my computer, only on my smart TV. Even on the television I have to scroll a long way to find it. It's the 38th category listed on the home page. I wish I had a URL to load it directly in my web browser. Can anyone help me out, please?

I've decided to check out this category every week, and only pick a film from my watch list if I don't want to watch any films due to be removed. "Assimilate" will be removed from Amazon Prime in four days.

The film is about a pair of teenagers who have a video blog about life in their boring little town, Multon. It's a fictional town, and we're not told in what American state it lies, but it was filmed in Mississippi. They notice that other people in their town are behaving strangely. Their investigations lead them to the conclusion that the townspeople are being killed and replaced by emotionless clones. They go to the sheriff for help, but he was one of the first to be replaced. They're on their own.

"Assimilate" is a terrifying horror story. It's not a film I could watch repeatedly, but I'm glad I had a chance to see it today before it was too late.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.