Saturday 5 March 2022

My Big Night (5 Stars)


What's this film about? I don't really want to tell you. I'm afraid that my description of the plot might make the film sound boring. But since you insist, here goes:

"My Big Night" is about a New Year's Eve television programme being pre-recorded in October.

That's it. I warned you that my description would put you off the film. But don't give up yet. I gave the film a five star rating, so there must be something special about it.

The television studio has recently fired 500 employees, so there are violent protests outside of the studio. Alphonso, a famous singing star, is appearing in the broadcast, so a coach of his fans has arrived from Denmark to see him. Alphonso's son has hired a hitman to kill his father. Alphonso has arguments with the teenage pop star Adanne, because he's scheduled to sing the first song after midnight. There's a woman who brings bad luck to everyone around her, including a camera boom falling on the head of the man sitting next to her.

I could go on and on with all the plot details, but I'll stop here. There are so many things happening at the same time that you'll need a scorecard to keep up. Or better still, just watch the film a few times. It's worth it.

The film hasn't been released in England or America, but the Spanish release has English subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.