Thursday 21 February 2013

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (3½ Stars)

Though visibly the most appealing film so far, very little seems to happen. Rather than being packed with action like all the previous films it moves slowly. And what happened with the blossoming romance with Cho that we saw developing in the last two films? I have a feeling that the film has omitted something that the book explains.

I was also disappointed to see Severus Snape take the side of the Dark Lord. Until now he was my favorite teacher at Hogwart's. I liked to see him as being strict and unfriendly, but on the side of good. Just like a normal teacher! In contrast, I found Dumbledore's familiarity with Harry Potter alienating.

Getting back to the maturing of the characters, just look at Tom Felton in the poster above. He's no longer a child, he has the facial features of a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.