Monday 21 August 2017

Flag of the Week: Israel




The flag of Israel is one of the world's best known flags. The Star of David is shown within blue stripes, with thinner white stripes at the top and bottom. However, there's something I only discovered about the flag today, something that's unique, as far as I know. All other countries precisely specify the colours of their flags. Not Israel. Any shade of blue is allowed from perfect dark blue (above) to lighter blues that border on cyan (below). Variations are not just allowed, they are encouraged.


The flag's shape is a rectangle with the proportions 11:8.

I've made the background of this post light grey. That's the best way I can think of portraying flags with white borders. Initially I considered putting a thin black frame around all of the flags, but that looks ugly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.