Friday 14 September 2018

General: Happy 8th Birthday


Wow! Time flies! Is it really eight years since I started this blog? Have I really written 3055 posts in this time? It seems like yesterday that I watched "Metropolis" at The Electric in Birmingham and decided to start a blog. I must have sat up all night setting up my new blog. I saw the film on the evening of Monday 13th September, and my first two posts were posted the following morning at 6:32 am and 7:01 am respectively.

Did I expect that I would still be writing after eight years? I don't know. I've forgotten what I thought at the time. The important thing is that my blog is still alive today and is being regularly updated. 3055 posts in eight years is an average of more than one post a day. Most of my posts are film reviews, but I've made occasional off-topic posts and experimented with a few regular features (such as reviews of chess games). None of these features lasted, and I've always returned to writing about films, my first love. Okay, my posts about Marvel comics from the Stan Lee years should be around for a while. I initially promised myself that I would write about all Marvel comics from 1961 to 1972, but at the moment I feel tempted to stretch my reviews into the 1980's. I'll see how I get along.

Is there anything my readers want to see? What are you interested in? Please let me know your thoughts by leaving comments. At the moment I have about 7000 readers per month, but I'd rather have comments. One comment is worth a thousand readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.