Friday 28 September 2018

What keeps you alive (2 Stars)


This is the 13th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

Jackie and Julie, a newly wed lesbian couple, go to stay in a lakeside house that belongs to Jackie. After a few days Jackie pushes Julie off a cliff for no apparent reason. Julie miraculously survives and crawls though the forest while Jackie hunts her.

The film starts off average and slumps towards the end. Admittedly, we don't need an explanation for Jackie's action. Saying she's a psychopath is enough. I'm more bothered by the way Julie acts. She runs away, and when she's finally in safety she returns. That doesn't make sense. And the film's conclusion, which I won't give away here in case any of my readers are foolish enough to watch the film, is totally illogical.

The film drags on too long. It seemed like it lasted over two hours, but at the end I realised it had only run a fraction over 90 minutes. There's a wise saying: "A good film is never too long, and a bad film is never too short". If you wonder who first said that, it was me. I'm not just a pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.