Sunday 7 October 2018

Death Proof (5 Stars)


This is the Ugly Duckling among Quentin Tarantino's movies. It has never had the acclaim it deserves. At the moment of writing it isn't even available in England on Blu-ray, it has to be purchased on DVD. Or imported, of course. Its popularity hasn't been improved by Tarantino himself claiming it's his worst movie, which it isn't. "The Hateful Eight" is a weaker film, despite its exotic cinematography. Having said that, don't forget who we're talking about. Quentin Tarantino's worst film is better than most directors' best film.

For the last two years I've been intending to watch all of Tarantino's films in quick succession, in their order of release. "Reservoir Dogs" should have been the first, but I skipped a few, so I'll be watching "Death Proof" again soon. Soon-ish. Be patient, readers, I'll get round to it eventually. I don't break my promises, I just need years to get round to them.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.