Saturday 4 February 2023

Evil Eye (4 Stars)


This is the third film in the Stuttgart White Nights Festival.

The film starts with the tale of three girls, triplets, who were threatened by a witch. Two of them are seduced into following evil ways, while one remains pure.

That was in the past. In the present day, Luna is a young girl with an incurable illness. Having given up on doctors, her mother Rebecca takes her and her older sister Nala to live with their grandmother Josefa, who claims to be a witch. Rebecca hopes that Luna can be cured by supernatural methods. Nala suspects that her grandmother wants to do Luna and the whole family harm.

This is a beautiful film that I intend to watch again, when I get a chance. I need to watch it again. There's a plot twist at the end that I didn't really understand. I think my concentration was lacking because I was getting tired after three films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.