Saturday 21 September 2024

Blade Runner (4 Stars)


It's seven years to the day since I last watched "Blade Runner". My blog never forgets. Last time I watched it I was disappointed by the slow, plodding pacing. Watching it today, I appreciated it more. It borrows from film noir, and it has the atmosphere of the classics from the genre. There's action in the film, but the final battle with the replicant Roy fizzles out. Roy describes his life as a tragedy, because he's seen things that nobody else has seen. This reminds me of the things that I experienced in my childhood. I saw places of beauty that no longer exist. I don't have photos, so when I die these places will die with me. It's tragic. 

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.