Wednesday 13 October 2010

Bound (5 Stars)

This film is stunning in its simplicity. Two girls decide to rob $2 million from the mob. The plot is great, but the acting carries it. Jennifer Tilly (who I've hardly seen apart from "Bride of Chucky") plays her role perfectly, as a woman who's trying to hide her emotions. But the real star of this film is Joe Pantoliano. I've always admired him, but this is his best film. Every twitch on his face or flicker of his eyes shows his madness.

Yes, this is a lesbian film. Yes, this is a mob film. But even if you don't like either of these film genres, watch this. It's brilliant.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer tilly is hawt and shes on alot of things CSI and such

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only watched a couple of CSI episodes, and I didn't like it much. But I agree that Jennifer Tilly is hot. I've seen her listed in a lot of films in IMDB, but nothing I've ever watched. I can't remember her in "Embrace of the vampire", I'll have to watch it again. It was probably a minor role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you - this being the only thing you've seen Jennifer Tilly in! She's hot, she's Canadian, she's wonderful! : ) Ok I admit I haven't gone out of my way to watch stuff she's in, but I have enjoyed what I have seen. AND I always remember one film she was in (the name completely eludes me) where she is cheering on a horse race. While filming the scene, and bouncing up and down, one of her breasts sprang free from it's very very low cut restraint. I don't think the shot made it to film, but it was in the pre-you-tube days, days of my youth, and I thought it was hilarious--reportedly Tilly did too.

    She's been on tv and in films since the early 80s and (in case you weren't aware) is sister to the ethereal Meg Tilly (no longer acting, now an author) of The Big Chill and Agnes of God fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After checking out IMDB I see that she's also in two other films I have on DVD, "Liar Liar" and "The Doors". I can't remember her in either of them. But as far as looks go, she's one of the most beautiful actresses in film today. And she's 52? Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.