Tuesday 31 October 2017

I still know what you did last summer (5 Stars)


A 7% rating on Rotten Tomatoes? You have to be kidding me! How did that happen? The film critics whose reviews are used for the aggregate on the RT site need to be fired, or at the least they have to be reeducated by spending a year talking to real film fans. The public got it right. It was a huge box office success, just like the original film.

According to Wikipedia, "I still know what you did last summer" has obtained a cult following. I still haven't been able to find a suitable definition of "cult" when referring to films. I really need to discuss the subject with my friends. I don't feel capable of creating a definition myself. I have an intuitive feeling of what's a cult film and what isn't, but I can't say why. Please leave a comment if you have a suggestion.

All I can say with certainty is that this is a fantastic film, one of the best horror films ever made.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.