Friday 6 December 2019

Parasite (5 Stars)


Today I went to see the excellent comedy film "Parasite" for a second time, this time in Schwäbisch Hall. I visited the Lichtspielhaus, which is one of the oldest cinemas in Germany. It opened in 1913, which makes it almost as old as the Electric Cinema in Birmingham, which opened four years earlier in 1909.


However, the Lichtspielhaus has an atmosphere which surpasses anything offered by The Electric. This is the room in which we watched the film. There are only 30 seats, but there are tables in front of every seat. Before the film began, an elegantly dressed lady came in and took orders, bringing drinks and snacks to the tables. Despite this amazing service, the ticket price was only 7.50 Euros, which is cheaper than most German cinema tickets at the weekend.

The only problem was that the temperature was -3 C, and the streets were covered with a thin layer of ice after the day's rain. It was so slippery that I had to hold on to the wall when I crossed the bridge over the River Kocher. I was glad to reach the bus without falling and breaking my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.