Thursday 30 May 2013

General: About this blog

I'd like to remind my regular readers that this isn't a film review site, it's a film diary. You've probably noticed that I do write reviews, so what's the difference?

Because this is a diary I write about films as I watch them. If I watch a film three times I write about it three times. If I have nothing to say about a film I make a short post about it anyway. Sometimes in the case of a true story my post is about the real life events, not about the film itself. Sometimes I use a film as a springboard for a rant about something only partially related to the film itself. If a film has a special meaning to me because it reminds me of a romantic evening the first time I saw it I write about my memories of the evening.

Maybe the main difference is that I don't just want to tell my readers about films, I want to tell my readers about how films affect me. This blog is very personal. It's impossible for anyone to read it without getting to know me.

Nevertheless, I'm open to suggestions. Please leave comments if there's something you want me to write more about. I might do what you want, or I might just tell you to do it yourself. If anyone wants to write for this blog I allow "guest writers" to contribute. Ideally I would like other writers to contribute a few times a week to offer more variety. Just let me know if you would like to share your reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.