Friday 10 May 2013

Off-Topic: World's Sexiest Actresses


Men like beautiful women, and I'm no exception. So when I heard that Maxim had published the results of the 100 hottest celebrities today I had to take a look. If I had mostly agreed with the list I wouldn't have mentioned it. But what do I see? The world's hottest celebrity is Miley Cyrus? Who voted for her? Sure, she's cute, but please... the world's sexiest woman? Not even close.

Selena Gomez is in second place. That's something I can accept. She's a real beauty, with the figure of a woman and the face of a young girl. Then comes Rihanna in third place. Rihanna is a maybe, I think she needs hours of makeup to look hot, but that's what counts in polls like this: the final result as seen in music videos matters, not her natural before-breakfast look.

Fortunately, good taste does exist. Jennifer Love Hewitt is in sixth place. I'm glad she's appreciated, but I would have placed her first. Looking further down the list, Nina Dobrev only made it into 48th place. I would have put her much higher. Charlize Theron is also disappointingly low at 31st. I personally would have put Amanda Seyfried higher than 37th, but I admit that she's not everyone's taste.

So who is missing from the list? I would have placed Leelee Sobieski in the top 10, but once more, she's not everyone's taste. And please explain to me why Pam Grier isn't in the list. Sure, she might be over 60, but she's still one of the hottest women on the planet. I'm happy to see that Kristen Stewart didn't make it into the top 100. That would have been an insult.

You can check Maxim's Top 100 list at this link. This is my personal list of the world's most beautiful actresses. I might have forgotten someone, but I doubt I would make many changes. Feel free to disagree.

1. Jennifer Love Hewitt
2. Pam Grier
3. Ziyi Zhang
4. Jennifer Ellison
5. Selena Gomez
6. Leelee Sobieski
7. Nina Dobrev
8. Jennifer Tilly
9. Tyra Banks
10. Megan Fox

1 comment:

  1. I left Ai Shinozaki out of my list because I didn't think she was an actress. I only know her as a model and singer (with the group AeLL), but now she's made two films, which makes her eligible for inclusion in my list. I also forgot about Michelle Rodriguez. That means my new list is:

    1. Ai Shinozaki
    2. Jennifer Love Hewitt
    3. Pam Grier
    4. Ziyi Zhang
    5. Jennifer Ellison
    6. Selena Gomez
    7. Leelee Sobieski
    8. Nina Dobrev
    9. Jennifer Tilly
    10. Michelle Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.