Tuesday 5 July 2022

Wine: Besigheimer Felsengarten Grauburgunder


I don't often drink Grauburgunder ("Grey Burgundy") wines. They're not a typical wine for the Württemberg area where I live. It's a much more common wine in Baden. Yes, I know that Baden and Württemberg have been combined into one state, i.e. Baden-Württemberg, but the two areas have distinctly different wines. Putting it simply, in Baden mostly white wines are made, in Württemberg mostly red wines.

I'm drinking a glass of this wine while listening to Klaus Schulze's final album, "Deus Arrakis", which was released this month posthumously. I'm not reviewing the album in my regular Klaus Schulze posts, because it would be out of order. I'll get to it eventually.

This is a dry wine with a slightly acidic taste. The first impression was a shock to my taste buds, but as I continued I grew used to the taste and enjoyed it more. Nevertheless, it's not a wine I'll drink again soon. If I want a white wine, I'll drink a Riesling. Grauburgunder wines are an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.