Thursday 17 November 2022

Masha and the Bear 1.7.2 - Hold Your Breath


This episode was first broadcast on 5th August 2012.


Bear is looking for something in his garden. She-Bear is going for a stroll– did you spot her in the first picture? – so she takes a closer look.


Bear finds a large strawberry, the biggest he's ever seen.


He's so enamoured that he immediately offers it to She-Bear.


She walks away. She's playing hard to get.


But when she sees how sad she's made Bear she feels sorry for him.


So she sends him a text message. Is the signal that good in the forest?


And Bear is so happy that he's jumping for joy.


Bear has many talents. He sits down to bake a cake. He has a lot more skill than Masha showed in the last episode. First he adds flour and water.


Then eggs.


Roll the pastry.


Then he adds honey. My mouth is watering already.


He puts a lattice on top of the pie.


All finished. He slides it into the oven.


Bear sets a romantic table for two, not forgetting his giant tea can. Then he sits and waits for the pie.


It comes out of the oven looking perfect.


Almost perfect. Bear adorns it with raspberries, and then he puts the strawberry on top.


Did you think I forgot about Masha? No. She sneaks in, and she wants to have the strawberry.


Bear takes the pie away. This makes Masha miserable. What a face!


Bear's a big softy. He gives Masha the strawberry. She-Bear will be happy with a raspberry pie.


Masha stuffs the strawberry into her mouth and swallows it in one mouthful.


That wasn't a good idea. Now she has hiccups.


The medical encyclopaedia that she was sitting on has four suggestions to cure hiccups.

1. Hold your breath for five minutes.

Five minutes? Really? I can hardly manage two minutes.


2. Blow up a balloon.

I'd never heard of this solution. I need to try it next time I have hiccups.


3. Drink water in an unusual position.

Masha tries a few positions, but still no success.


4. Scare the person who has hiccups.

Bear does his best, but he's just not scary.


Bear invites all the animals round to take turns at scaring her, but now they all have hiccups. I never knew that hiccups are contagious. It must be Russian Hiccups.


Now even Bear has hiccups. He's desperate to be cured before his beloved She-Bear arrives, so he tries out all four cures. Note that instead of a balloon he blows up a hot water bottle. You need strong lungs to do that. I've seen it done on television, but I tried it myself, and it was impossible.


Along comes She-Bear, punctually at six o'clock. Isn't she beautiful?


Soon She-Bear is infected with the Russian Hiccups. They all sit sadly at the table. They can't even eat Bear's delicious pie. They all stare angrily at Masha, the one responsible for their woe.


They begin to sip tea. One by one the animals lose their hiccups and leave.

I notice that Bear is taking a sly peep at She-Bear's chest. I don't blame him.


Bear and She-Bear leave the house arm in arm. Does this seal their relationship? Time will tell.


Only Masha is left alone at the table with her hiccups. Evidently tea only cures animals, not humans. She can't even eat the delicious raspberry pie. Poor Masha!

The End.



Song of Hiccups

Kids are always asking lots and lots of questions,
I will ask you only one, please give me suggestions.

Where the silly hiccups come from,
Will they go away?
Do I have to suffer night and day?

High and low, down and up,
I Hiccup. (Hiccup!)
Way below and to the top,
Will they stop? (Hicc-up!)
Will these Hiccups, will these hiccups
ever stop? (Hicc-up!)

On each word I stutter,
Every word I shatter,
I'm trying everything, but it does not matter.

Could you please, oh pretty please, suggest for me a cure?
This is something that I can't endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.