Friday 25 November 2022

Masha and the Bear 1.8.2 - The Grand Piano Lesson


This episode was first broadcast on 13th May 2011.


Bear is in the forest picking mushrooms. Does he want to get high?


He finds a piano abandoned by the roadside. Nobody's in sight.


The piano is out of tune, but otherwise in working order.


Bear carries the piano home. With muscles like that he should work for a removal company.


Back home, he tunes the piano. Is there anything Bear can't do?


Bear sits down and plays a rousing Dixieland jazz number.


This attracts Masha's attention.


She wants to learn how to play the piano.


One quick change of clothes, and she's ready. I hope Bear turned his back while she was changing.


Bear shows her how to do scales.


She tries her best, but it's impossible with such little fingers.


So Bear allows her to do one-finger scales. That works.


Masha feels bold enough to play a tune. It's a variation of the Masha and the Bear theme tune. Bear is amazed.


Then a second Masha appears playing a tuba. Or is it a trombone? I don't know much about musical instruments. The most I can do is distinguish guitars from drums.


And three more Mashas appear playing flutes. It's magic!


More and more Mashas appear around the piano, until there's a miniature orchestra. Bear has never seen anything like it.


Then they're all on stage.


Can you guess who the conductor is? Yes, it's Masha! She's directing from the scales book. I'd never noticed that she has freckles. Maybe they're only visible in a spotlight.


The music carries on and on into the night, swelling and subsiding with the melody. The musical score is incredible. I believe it's available on CD I'll have to check,


But then Masha wakes up at the piano. It was all a dream.


Bear wants her to continue practising, but she's despondent.

"I won't become famous any time soon".

Never mind, Masha. I love you anyway.



In case you're wondering how I prepare my Masha and the Bear posts: I've watched all the episodes many times over, but I watch the current episode again to remind myself of the story. Then I watch it a second time, pausing to take screenshots. Usually I make about 50 screenshots. After this I go through the screenshots and decide which ones I want to use. This cuts the number in half. Then I begin to write my post. While writing I cut a last few screenshots from the selection. My aim is to use about 20 pictures. I pick them based either on their beauty or their relevance to the story.

To take today's episode as an example: I made 41 screenshots. Then I selected 24 that I wanted to use. I deleted three of them while writing the post, but I made one more screenshot while writing, bringing the final total to 22.

Now that I've bored you, you can go back to watching Netflix.

1 comment:

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.