Saturday 6 April 2024

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (5 Stars)


I wanted to take my grandson Oliver to the cinema today. Shortly before we were due to leave he changed his mind. The only children's film in the cinema today is "Paw Patrol", and he's getting too old for it. He used to watch "Paw Patrol" videos on YouTube, but now he's eight.

Looking at the films lying around my room, he told me that he wanted to watch "Planet of the Apes", by which he meant "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Fortunately, my English edition of the Blu-ray contains a dubbed German track. Oliver understands English, but he prefers to watch films in German.

So I watched the film in German today. The dubbing is top quality, as is usual in Germany. It can't be compared with the poor quality dubbing of foreign films in England. In Germany leading theatre actors are hired for dubbing.

Oliver loved the film. He was excited by everything he saw. But do you know what happened next? He went back to his mother (who lives in the same house as me), and he watched it again on Disney Plus. I don't know the full story. Maybe she was curious and wanted to know if the film was suitable for him. But the bottom line is that he watched it twice in a row. Anyone who does that is a real film fan.

And my daughter liked it as well.

Success Rate:  + 3.2

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.