Monday 15 April 2024

The Mummy [1999] (5 Stars)


After watching "The Mummy" again last month, I decided to buy the remastered 4K collection. Wow! The picture quality is far superior. I have no more complaints. The picture does justice to the wonderful film. Look how beautiful Rachel Weisz is as Evelyn.


Evelyn Carnahan isn't just a pretty face, she's also very intelligent. She can read Egyptian hieroglyphics. Or is she really intelligent? After opening the Book of the Dead she reads it aloud, reassuring Rick O'Connell, "It's only a book. No harm ever came from reading a book". That's a dumb thing to say. Has she never watched "Evil Dead"?


And this is the result, only 40 seconds later. Here's my advice to my readers: if you ever find an old book, whatever language it's written in, don't read it aloud!


And a few days later she's tied to an altar doing a Betty Page impersonation. "No harm ever came from reading a book"? Now she knows better. I hope.

Success Rate:  + 3.2

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.