Sunday 21 April 2024

Oddity (2 Stars)


This is the 15th film in the Stuttgart Nights Festival.

Ted Timmis works in a hospital for the criminally insane. One night his wife Dani is murdered, and a recently released patient is found guilty. But Dani has a twin sister who's blind and psychic. When she touches an object she can see what happened to it. She wants to investigate and find out if the patient really was guilty.

This is the sort of film I don't like. There are lots of things going on; some are relevant to the plot, some aren't. There's a lot that the viewer has to accept. For me it was too much. Evidently it was too much for the other festival guests as well. Things happened that made them laugh, even though they were supposed to be terrifying.

This was the last film that I watched in this year's Nights Festival. I regret that the festival ended on a poor note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.