Wednesday 19 February 2020

Kiss and Kill (4 Stars)


This is the 22nd film directed by Dean McKendrick, made in 2017. It's his sixth erotic thriller, and it's the first in which the theme isn't about a woman killing men during or after sex. That doesn't mean that there are no killer women in the film, as the photo shows.

Kira Noir has appeared in several of Dean McKendrick's other films, but this is the first film in which she's been invited to step up and play the lead role. She plays Katy Fletcher, the wife of a rich businessman, the head of a chemical country. You would think her life is perfect, but it's not. She spends all day sitting around feeling bored in her big empty house while her husband is on international business trips. Eventually it happens... she has a one-night stand with a man she meets in a bar.


She falls into the arms of pretty boy Kyle Knies, one of Dean McKendrick's other regular actors. She immediately regrets it afterwards. She's not that sort of woman. But there are consequences. Kyle's girlfriend was filming them, and they intend to blackmail her, squeezing as much as they can out of her.

It's the perfect plan. Katy has to pay up or lose her perfect marriage. The only thing that saves Katy is the greed of her blackmailers. Kyle and his girlfriend turn against one another, leaving Katy in the middle with a gun in her hand.


Kira Noir is a beautiful woman and a competent actress. It's good to see a film focus on her.


Her best feature is her little-girl look. She was 22 when she made the film, but her face looks so young that I almost feel guilty for lusting after her. Almost.

Today I was rereading my original reviews of Dean McKendrick's erotic thrillers. I had to laugh at myself. I wrote the reviews over a period of two years, and for more than half of them I wrote, "This is his best erotic thriller so far". I couldn't make my mind up. I liked them all, and I still like them.

This film is still available on DVD from Amazon. If you're interested in it, I recommend buying it sooner rather than later. I doubt any more will be printed when the stock runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.