Wednesday 26 February 2020

The Witches of Breastwick 2 (3½ Stars)


Yesterday evening I heard the news about the death of Nikki Fritz, after a long battle with cancer. In order to remember her I pulled a DVD off my shelf with her name in the credits. In retrospect, this wasn't a good choice. Nikki Fritz appears in the film in a non-speaking role for only a minute, little more than a cameo.

This film has almost nothing to do with "The Witches of Breastwick", so the two films can be watched in either order. As much as I respect Jim Wynorski, I have to say that he was cashing in on the success of the first film, and he made a poor quality rip-off of his own work.

The similarities are that a man dreams about three witches, and then he meets the witches in real life. The house where the witches live is the same in both films, but that's where the similarities end. It's a different trio of witches, played by different actresses. The witches in the first film are malevolent, but in the second film they're attempting to help the man who's dreaming about them. The biggest difference is that the first film has a well written story, while the second film is just an excuse for a string of sex scenes. Yes, I enjoy sex scenes, but I want a bit more.


David, played by Frankie Cullen, has repeated dreams about being tied to a pole while three scantily dressed women dance around him. No sex, just teasing. Then a woman in black appears, and he wakes up. He calls it a nightmare, but I don't understand why. The only thing bad about it is that he wakes up. It's a dream I'd gladly have repeated in my head every night, especially if the three dancing girls are Rebecca Love, Lexi Lamour and ex-WWE wrestler Tylene Buck. And the woman in black is Nikki Fritz, but she's fully clothed. See the screenshot at the beginning of this post.

David visits a therapist, who gives him an address to visit. The three women from his dream are waiting for him. They're good witches, and they tell him that an evil witch from another world wants to enter our reality by having sex with him. Poor David. The only way to save the world is for the good witches to have sex with him so often that he's too exhausted for the bad witch to use him.


Wow! As plots go, that's pure minimalism. This isn't a good film, nowhere near the quality of the first film, but I've given it a better-than-average rating because it features hot girls.

I don't have time to watch any more films today, but tomorrow I'll make sure I watch a film with Nikki Fritz in a significant role.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.