Sunday 9 February 2020

Sleeping Beauties (5 Stars)


The Academy Awards Ceremony, better known as the Oscars, is taking place tonight. I'm excited about it, like most of my readers. I had a few hours to spare before the ceremony begins, so I decided to watch the next film in my Dean McKendrick marathon. None of Dean's films have won Oscars, but they're all good entertainment, this film especially.

It's the 20th film directed by Dean McKendrick, made in 2017. Since my last film in the marathon was the 18th fim, "Cinderella's Hot Night", you must be wondering why I skipped a film. I could tell you that I wanted to review two fairy tales side by side, but that would be a lie. The truth is that I made a mistake that I didn't notice until the film was over. I have a box in my room containing all of Dean McKendrick's films, ready to watch them. I pulled out the next DVD in the box, not noticing that I put the last few films in the wrong order. Don't worry, I'll go back to the 19th film a few days from now, and I promise I'll put the rest of the films in the right order. If I make any more mistakes, you have my permission to come to my home and spank me. (That permission only applies to women).

This is probably Dean McKendrick's best film, not least because it's his first film that gives Sarah Hunter the leading role as Beauty. Yes, she's beautiful, like all the other women in his films. but she has a girl-next-door look that's unique among his actresses.


Jane Doux, who appears as an evil witch, is beautiful, but she looks like a model.


Sarah Hunter is beautiful, but she looks cute. Do you see the difference? Maybe it's because she uses less makeup. I'm not sure. When I look at Jane Doux I want to go to bed with her. When I look at Sarah Hunter I want to sit and chat with her for hours about films and comics, and go to bed with her later.


You all know the story of Sleeping Beauty, don't you? Beauty is a princess who's put into a deep sleep until she's woken up by a kiss. In the fairy tale she only sleeps for a few years, but in this film her body is hidden in a sealed cellar for 400 years. It's not a handsome prince who finds her, it's the talented architect Harry, played by William Bryant. He's been hired to convert the old castle into a hotel.


Harry might not be a prince, but he knows what to do. One soft kiss on the lips, and she awakes.


Back in his hotel room, Beauty kisses Harry back.


Then she removes his shirt and kisses him again.


And she removes the rest of his clothes to kiss him all over. I think I should start opening sealed cellars to look for sleeping princesses.

By the way, Harry is married, but let's not judge him too harshly. I've never met any man who was able to fight off the sexual advances of a 400-year-old princess. Apart from that, Beauty also seduces Harry's wife, which makes up for it.


Harry should watch his back. His colleague Richard, played by the upcoming actor Andy Long, is trying to steal his blueprints for the renovation of the castle where Beauty was found. In previous films he's used his full birth name, Andrew Espinoza Long, but this is the first film in which he's shortened his name to Andy Long. I'm sure that someone smarter than me can think up a joke.

This film is still available on DVD from Amazon. If you only buy one of his films, let it be this one. The high quality of the eroticism leaves everything behind that you've seen in films by less capable directors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.