Sunday 3 May 2020

Amazing Spider-Man (4 Stars)


This is the fourth film that I've watched to remember Irrfan Khan, who died four days ago. I regret that I've seen so few of the 98 films that he made in his career.

Unwittingly, I've watched these four films in the order of the morality of Irrfan Khan's characters.

In "The Life of Pi" he plays Pi Patel, a highly spiritual man.

In "Slumdog Millionaire" he's a policeman who is brutal in his duty, but fair to the innocent.

In "Jurassic World" he plays Simon Masrani, a billionaire who does good unless it gets in the way of making money.

In "Amazing Spider-Man" he plays Dr. Ratha, a high ranking executive who's willing to kill to achieve his ends.

This is an order of moral decline, but he plays all of his roles perfectly. He can be a saint or a sinner, and he's impressive in all his performances. As Dr. Ratha he's quiet but terrifying. It's his pressure that leads Dr. Curt Connors to inject himself and become the Lizard. I'm glad I've never worked for a boss as evil as him.

Irrfan Khan
7 January 1967 – 29 April 2020

Amusingly, he made two films in 2012 in which he had to deal with a Richard Parker.

Success Rate:  + 1.3

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.