Wednesday 29 April 2020

The Life of Pi (5 Stars)


This morning I read about the death of the Indian actor Irrfan Khan. It was a shock to me, since he's a remarkable actor. He appears in two of my 30 films to watch before you die. He has a calm acting style that can express emotions subtly. We feel the emotion welling up within us without consciously paying attention to him.

I've written about "The Life of Pi" several times in this blog, so I don't need to describe it now. It's one of the best films of the last 10 years. It's a brilliant film, and Irrfan Khan's performance contributes to its greatness. When the tears trickle down his face in the final scenes, we want to cry with him. Cinema has lost a great hero.

Irrfan Khan
7 January 1967 – 29 April 2020

Success Rate:  + 3.1

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.