Monday 6 April 2020

Cuban Fury (4 Stars)


After watching "Cuban Fury" again today, only the second time in six years, I have to say that Nick Frost is one of the best actors alive. He's just perfect in everything he does. He even learnt how to dance salsa for this film. He's a true professional.


But the film has even more going for it, including a cast of top British actors. Any film starring Olivia Colman is a joy to watch. I can boast that I liked her before she won an Oscar.


Ian McShane is a great but underrated actor.


There's even Simon Pegg. The first time I watched the film I saw his name in the credits, but I couldn't remember seeing him. It's a very brief appearance in the film, lasting only 38 frames (1.5 seconds). Because he drives past in a car quickly, I wasn't even certain it was him when I watched the film today, so I had to rewind and pause the film. Yes, it's definitely him.


Now for the negatives. Check out this newspaper clipping. The last three paragraphs in the first column are repeated in the second column. You can click on the picture to enlarge it. That's sloppy.


Here's another newspaper clipping in a scrapbook. The last paragraph is a repeat of the first paragraph, as you can see clearly if you click on the photo. That's more sloppy journalism.

Success Rate:  + 2.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.