Saturday 11 April 2020

Babymetal: The Black Night


The Black Night Babymetal concert just finished. It started off quieter than yesterday's Red Night concert, but it slowly built up pace and ended in a fury. This concert should have been shown yesterday, because it begins with an Easter-style crucifixion.



All three girls are crucified. Is one the Messiah while the other two are criminals? They look much too cute to be criminals, they must be three Messiahs.


Here's the proof: all three of them rise again!


I promised you a screenshot of the drummer today. I'm sorry that it's not as clear as the other photos. The Messiahs and the guitarists run around the edge of the Tokyo Dome centre stage, but the drummer is stuck in the middle.


He has an impressive drum kit, including a double bass drum. You'll have to take my word for it.


There's no clean separation between the "lead guitarist" and the "rhythm guitarist". Both of them play burning guitar solos.

I don't think I've ever headbanged as much in front of my computer. Headbanging is something to be done in live concerts, but today I felt like I was in a concert. The atmosphere was overwhelming.

I've read that this was Babymetal's last concert with their original line up. I'll have to watch their more recent concert performances on YouTube to see how they compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.