Wednesday 3 November 2021

Venom (5 Stars)


I should have re-watched "Venom" before going to the cinema to watch the sequel on Monday, but in retrospect I'm glad I watched them this way round. It reminded me that "Venom" is an excellent film, in contrast to "Venom 2", which is a mess. Marvel is losing its path. I used to feel excited whenever a new Marvel film was announced. Now I just groan. "Venom 2" was a new low point.

That doesn't mean that there aren't problems with "Venom" itself. Venom (the character) is introduced without any connection to Spider-Man. That's a shame, but I can live with it, because "Venom" (the film) is so good. It's a first class horror film.

Success Rate:  + 6.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.