Thursday 11 November 2021

Birds of Prey (4 Stars)



I just read my first review of this film from 18 months ago. I wrote that Harley Quinn was trying to be a hero. Obviously, I didn't get it. I need to watch some films more than once before I properly understand them. In "Birds of Prey" she isn't trying to be a hero at all. She's just being selfish and looking after herself. If she can better herself by teaming up with a (suspended) policewoman to fight a crime lord, it's what she does. She doesn't do it out of noble motives.

"Birds of Prey" shows Harley Quinn's life without the Joker. That's just as well. In "Suicide Squad" he was a millstone around her leg. With the Joker at her side she could never achieve her full potential. I can see why she liked him. They're both insane, so they have a lot in common, but she's still better off without him.


As in "I Tonya", Margot talks into the camera to explain her life as Harley Quinn. This is something she does very well. It draws the viewer into the story, helping them to relate to whatever's happening. Even if you're not someone like me who likes crazy girls, you can't help loving Harley Quinn.

I shan't write any more now, because I don't have the time. I'm going to the cinema tonight, so I need to rest. DC this afternoon, Marvel tonight. It's a comic book Thursday! Let's see which film is better.

Success Rate:  + 0.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.