Monday 9 November 2020

Mortal Engines (2 Stars)


This is a post-apocalyptic action film. It takes place a thousand years after a catastrophe called the Sixty Minute War destroyed civilisation, splitting the Earth open and rearranging the continents. The survivors have developed rolling cities that chase and swallow other cities for fuel. The most aggressive predator city is London, which has travelled to Bavaria in search of old technology to build new weapons.

I don't like post-apocalyptic films, apart from very few exceptions. They all tend towards speculation and silliness. The idea of rolling cities is ridiculous, because the mechanical problems are insurmountable. This is a cute film with some nice special effects, but it can't be taken seriously.

One more matter: I always like to hear your thoughts on my blog posts. Most comments are left on my Facebook page, where I advertise my posts, but I would prefer to hear from you in the comments box below.

Success Rate:  - 1.2

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.