Friday 13 August 2021

Bikini Jones and the Temple of Eros (4 Stars)


This is the 23rd film in the Medina Collection, and it's the third film in the collection to be remastered for Blu-ray, after "Bikini Frankenstein" and "Twilight Vamps". I suspect that the "remastering" is a minimum, because the later Medina films were all filmed in HD. The early Medina films were filmed in SD, so they'll need more work to be presented on Blu-ray.

The film's title has been shortened to "Bikini Jones" on the box, but the splash screen still shows the original full title. I prefer the long title, because it's more of a parody of the Indiana Jones films.

The picture quality is amazing. I was so astounded after the first few minutes, that I had to pause the film and compare it with the DVD release. Christine Nguyen has never looked so beautiful. I can't wait to get all 32 Medina films on Blu-ray. I've spoken to the director, Fred Olen Ray, a few times, and he's hesitant. He needs to be sure there's a market for Blu-ray releases. He can't afford to lose money, so he's starting with the films that star Christine Nguyen, because her popularity guarantees sales. She appears in 14 of the films. I'd be sad if the other 18 are never released on Blu-ray.

"Bikini Jones" has been packaged as a double feature with "All Babe Network". That's a strange combination, because "All Babe Network" isn't a Medina film, it was directed by Dean McKendrick. What connects them is that they both star Christine Nguyen.


There are lots of other beautiful women in the Medina films. Just look at Rebecca Love!


There's also Brynn Tyler. Okay, this is her only appearance in the Medina films, but I think you see what I mean. All the women in the Medina films are incredibly beautiful. They all deserve to be seen in High Definition Blu-ray.

Three down, 29 to go. What film will be next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.