Wednesday 27 October 2021

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (5 Stars)



One of the advantages of having access to Disney Plus is that I have all the classic Walt Disney cartoon films at my fingertips. I probably watched all of them on television when I was a child. I don't intend to watch all of them now, just the ones that I can remember best. Or maybe I shall watch all of them. I don't know.

"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", which I prefer to shorten to "Snow White", is the first animated film made by Walt Disney in 1937. Many critics call it the best animated film ever made. It's simply magical. It's based on a fairy tale with the same name published by the Brothers Grimm in 1812. They didn't write it themselves. It's been told in various forms across Europe for hundreds of years, but they were the ones who wrote the version which has since been recognised as the official version. At least, it was the official version when they wrote it. In their version the dwarfs weren't named. The Walt Disney film gives the dwarfs the names Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey. These names are now accepted as their real names.


The Queen is the most beautiful woman in her country, as her magic mirror tells her every day. One day the mirror tells her that her step-daughter Snow White is more beautiful, so the Queen is jealous and wants to put her to death. She orders her huntsman to kill her, but he's too noble to commit murder. He tells Snow White to flee. She takes refuge in a small house where seven dwarfs live.


Snow White is cute, but I prefer the Queen. Show White is a cute young girl, but the Queen is a real woman. Added to that, the Queen has an evil face, and I've always liked evil women.


The Queen makes another attempt to kill her, but Snow White survives and marries a handsome prince. And they all lived happily ever after. It may be a film made for children, but it's a story that can appeal to people of any age. Anyone who believes in romance will be charmed by the film.

Success Rate:  + 278.5

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.