Saturday 4 May 2019

Barb Wire (5 Stars)


It's difficult for me to understand why this film has never received the praise it deserves. It's one of the most faithful comic book adaptations ever. Pamela Anderson plays the part of the heartless mercenary Barb Wire as if she were born to play the role. Her excellent acting makes up for all the criticism she received for her years in "Baywatch". She has everything that it takes to be an action hero. It's possible that a stunt woman stood in for her in some scenes, but in most scenes the camera is close enough to make it clear that she's doing everything herself. The supporting characters are also so strong that the viewer can immerse himself in the chaos of a future American fascist state.


My first thought after watching "Barb Wire" today was "Wow! I've got to watch it again soon". Maybe next week, maybe the week after, but it has to be soon. However many films I may currently have on my list, it deserves repeated viewing. I'll try to write more about it next time.

Success Rate:  - 2.4

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.