Friday 24 May 2019

Stacy's Mom (3 Stars)


This is a straight-to-streaming film that I discovered on Amazon Prime today. I only decided to watch it because of the title. We all know the cheesy hit single by Fountains of Wayne with the provocative music video, in which a teenage boy visits Stacy just because he wants to be close to her mother. Poor Stacy!


In the film the lives of four thirteen-year-old boys (Tommy, Juan, Mark and Roland) are disrupted when Stacy and her mother move into their town. Stacy's Mom, real name Roberta Huckleston, wears sexy clothing which drives their teenage hormones wild. She's dating their music teacher, but they don't care, they all want to win her affection.

It's easy to guess in what direction the film is going, so I shan't shy away from spoilers. In the end the boys realise that instead of chasing an unobtainable older woman they should see that the girls of their own age want them. Okay, 13-year-old girls might not seem much in comparison, but they'll get older, so it's worth being nice to them while they're young.


I can't relate to the film, based on my own experiences. When I was 13 I was too shy to go on dates with girls my own age, and I definitely wasn't turned on by the mothers of my friends. The older women that I desired were 20.

As a teen comedy, the film is dull. It's not very funny, and it's not even very sexual. I find the Fountain of Wayne's music video sexier than the film. The film does all it can to relate to the video, down to the pool scene and mowing the lawn, but it doesn't have the magic of the music video. The absence of the song from the film is noticeable. The producers must have asked for permission to use it, but it was denied. Probably the record company saw the film and said, "No! We don't want to be associated with that!"



Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne

Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
Stacy's Mom has got it going on.

Stacy, can I come over after school?
We can hang around by the pool.
Did your Mom get back from her business trip?
Is she there, or is she trying to give me the slip?

You know I'm not the little boy that I used to be,
I'm all grown up now, baby, can't you see?

Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
She's all I want, and I've waited for so long.
Stacy, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me.
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's Mom.

Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
Stacy's Mom has got it going on.

Stacy, do you remember when I mowed your lawn?
Your Mom came out with just a towel on.
I could tell she liked me from the way she stared
And the way she said, "You missed a spot over there".

And I know that you think it's just a fantasy,
But since your dad walked out, your Mom could use a guy like me.

Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
She's all I want, and I've waited for so long.
Stacy, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me.
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's Mom.

Stacy's Mom has got it going on,
She's all I want, and I've waited for so long.
Stacy, can't you see? You're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.