Thursday 9 December 2021

Child's Play 2 (4½ Stars)


Chucky's back, despite being burnt to a crisp and smashed into pieces at the end of the first film. That's one of the major tropes of slasher films: the killer can't be killed. The final scenes of a film aren't the end of the story, they're just the start of a short break for the survivors. The killer will be back, whether he's male, female or a plastic doll. Chucky's main target in the first film was six-year-old Andy Barclay, because Chucky believed that he was the only human being into whom he could transfer his soul. Two years have passed, and the first thing that Chucky does when he returns to life is hunt for Andy.

I wrote a lot about the film in my previous reviews, so I won't add anything else here. I'll give my readers a little exercise. Instead of giving you a link to my old reviews, look for them in my alphabetical list of posts. I use this list almost every day, for one reason or other. So should you.

Success Rate:  + 0.8

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.