Monday 13 December 2021

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (4½ Stars)


I watched this film at random today. Sort of random. My son Benjamin saw it lying around and said he wanted to watch it. That's excuse enough for me.

It's a film that's hated by purists, because it isn't the Doctor Who that the fans know and love. The Doctor played by Peter Cushing isn't an alien, he's an eccentric old scientist from London who's invented a time machine that looks like a police box. That makes a lot less sense than the TV series' explanation that the TARDIS automatically adapted to the environment to blend in, but it got stuck.


This is Roberta Tovey posing for a promotional photo. She plays the Doctor's granddaughter Susan. Roberta was 12 when she made the film, but she looks younger. At least, I think she looks younger than 12. I always have difficulty judging the ages of young children, male or female.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.