Friday 24 December 2021

Night Train (5 Stars)


This is my second Christmas film today. I planned it well in advance. It's a film I should watch at Christmas every year. "Rare Exports", which I watched earlier today, was a random choice, but the two films fit together very well. Both films begin on Christmas Eve and finish on Christmas Day. Actually, "Rare Exports" has a prologue three weeks earlier and an epilogue a year later, but the main action takes place on 24th and 25th December.


Leelee Sobieski shows off her skill at chopping a body into small pieces. Don't worry, he was already dead.


It's a messy job. At least she wears spectacles.

I've watched the film a lot, but today I noticed an error in the film for the first time when Steve Zahn speaks to the two Japanese businessmen playing Go.


This is what the board looks like when Steve first approaches the businessmen. He tries to give them advice, even though he has no idea how to play the game.


Then there's a close up of a businessman making a move. Most of the pieces have disappeared from the board.


Then the camera pans out, and the pieces are back again. Oops. This is what happens when a scene isn't filmed in chronological order.

That's only a minor fault. "Night Train" still deserves its place in my top 100 films. I just checked the list. It's in 49th place.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.