Friday 31 December 2021

General: Top Films of 2021


This is my personal list of the 10 best films of the year. As I remind you each year, to qualify for inclusion in the list I must have seen the film in the cinema during the year. This is the second year in a row that my list has been warped by the Coronavirus. German cinemas were closed for the first six months of the year. Normally I watch more than a hundred films in the cinema each year. This year I only watched 48. That's more than last year (23), but not enough to give me a good selection of films.


A DC film in first place? Until this year I would never have expected it. The sequel to "Suicide Squad" is gloriously trashy.


A Japanese film about a cafe owner who manages to send messages to himself from two minutes in the future.


Natasha Romanoff died in "Avengers Endgame", but this film tells the story of earlier events in her life.


The true story of Richard Williams, the father of the tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams.


The first documentary ever to appear in my yearly top 10.


Zombies, Nazis and flying sharks. Everything a good film needs.


A sequel that lives up to the original film.


An Irish vampire film. Just what the world needs!


The second film in my top 10 directed by Edgar Wright (after "The Sparks Brothers").


A good film, even if it has absolutely no connection with the comics.



That's my list for this year. I welcome comments from my readers, as well as your own top 10 lists. Don't be too hard on me, because I already know that I've omitted some good films due to my lack of cinema visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.